“For thirty years, The National Art Honors Society has recognized students who exhibit the highest standards in the visual arts, and who bring visual arts to the attention of their schools and communities. Being an NAHS member is an important and rewarding endeavor. We are honored to join the distinguished network of 45,000 members across the country. In our chapter we have been very busy this year. RHS NAHS members attend by weekly meetings where junior and senior AP art students present their portfolios.
In the past:
- We helped to create the Meshka The Kvetch puppet show for Coffee House.
- We designed and supervised the Cafeteria Mural Painting Event.
- We coordinated the installation of Gesher Br'eshit, the Leadership Garden Preserve Project.
- We organized the Bonnie Seeman; Visiting Artist Event.
- We participated and won many awards in various contests.
- We planned a visit to The Norton Museum of Art
Here are some of the highlights from the 2016:
- We planned a visit to The Boca Raton Museum of Art
- Kol Hakavod to Rosenblatt High School art students who collectively earned six silver keys and eight honorable mentions in the Scholastic Art Awards competition!
- Ashley Klein has won first place in the congressional art contest in Congresswoman Lois Frankel’s district!
Mazal tov Ashley on this well-deserved honor!!
- We planned a 5-12 collaborative mosaic project that features two panels about Noah's Arc and a column full of mosaic doves in our prayer space. Thank you to mosaic artists Holley Odess and Diane Fried and our art teachers Terri Hamilton, Allie Hasson, Anita Schwartz for their help on this project.
-Thank you to all AP Art students who led NAHS presentation throughout the year.